Development & Workflow Engine
High-Level Technical Capabilities of Visions Server Foundation
- Provides a responsive, reliable, highly available service level.
- FAMCare® is built using Visions Server and deployed using a modular approach allowing customers to implement only those pieces that suit their business needs. Current deployments of FAMCare® are hosted in a multi-tiered server environment.
- Is designed around n-tiered architecture.
- Supports multiple protocols and standards for inter-system communications (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, VPN, TCP/IP, XML, SOAP).
- Is readily scalable from hundreds of users to ten thousand or more.
- Offers scalability based on server capacity and bandwidth. GVT works with each client to insure sufficient capacity (and future scalability) is available for the application.
Secure & Compliant
Visions Server / Visions Foundation is the proprietary software that provides the framework for the application. The Visions Foundation was originally developed to track clinical trials data (Medical information), which meant integrated and tight security, as well as a tamper resistant data design.
This technology was adapted to the current platform that resides on a web server. The Visions Server utilizes a multidimensional security model that is extremely flexible. Users are assigned to groups that define functional duties, including levels of access for each form in the system. Users are also assigned to logical “organizations” that define access roles for individual cases. This is a hierarchical structure that the Visions Server automatically maintains to ensure users can only access cases they are allowed to.
In addition, GVT maintains both in house staff and external relationships to enable HIPAA compliance regarding security. The Visions Server automatically tracks all changes with full audit records for each form. The Visions Server automatically tracks all accesses to data as required by HIPAA guidelines. Finally, individual field level encryption, done at the platform level, ensures confidentiality of the most sensitive data, especially critical on forms, for example, that do AIDS tracking.
From a web security standpoint, the architecture uses https protocol (built into IIS) and also separation of the data servers from the web servers. This means all data access from browsers must go through the application platform, effectively disconnecting the data server directly from the Internet.
Talk to us for some “specialized”, one-to-one training to help advance your system on your own!
Want to learn how to develop and program in our server? Want to take your system to the next level without having to hire us for more programming? Let us know when you speak with a FAMCare Specialist.