Global Vision Technologies is a technology company headquartered in St. Louis, MO, which focuses on providing services to human services and healthcare agencies worldwide. For more information about our services, please refer to our website: www.globalvisiontech.com
- A website visitor
- An end user of the application (“end user”)
- A prospective client
- A job applicant and Partners
Clients contract the use of our application(s) and give access to their employees and other third parties, as solely decided by them, by creating users who access the application with their email address and credentials. The clients’ administrators grant end users roles, which result in different permissions and access rights to the information held in the Client account.
2.0 Personal Information We Collect
2.1 Information You Choose to Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide personal information when:
- You use the website to download articles, data sheets or eBooks.
- You request a free trial or demo.
- You refer a friend to us.
- You connect with us directly via phone calls or video conferencing platforms.
- We or Client Account Administrators grant you access to the application.
- You or Client Account Administrators upload or enter personal information into the application.
- You participate in a marketing/sales promotion.
- You attend trade events and other industry networking events.
- You register or attend a webinar or other event.
- You participate in programs we may offer from time to time.
- You participate in chats.
- You pay for our services.
If you choose to provide us with a third-party’s personal information (the person’s name, email and company) when taking part in our referral program, you represent that you have the third-party’s permission to do so.
We collect personal information that may include first and last name, business email address, phone number and/or company name.
As an end user of the application, we collect your name, business email address and any comments you make in the application.
- Employee names, email addresses and contractual agreements
- Vendor names, email addresses, contractual agreements or other personal data necessary for Global Vision Technologies services
- Customer names and email addresses used to provide services within Global Vision Technologies’ platforms FAMCare or ClinicalPURSUIT, as well as the internal task management system for project management
- As a job applicant, we may also collect your resume and cover letter
2.2 Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information about your visits to the website and the application when you land on any of our web pages through cookies and similar tracking technology.
The information collected includes:
- access times
- the pages you view
- the links you click
- on the search terms you enter
- actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- your device information such as IP address, location, browser type and language
- the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website
- and the URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
We may also collect information when you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages.
2.3 Information We May Collect From Third Parties
We may combine the information we collect from your direct interactions with us with information obtained through other third-party sources.
We also obtain and/or purchase lists from third parties about individuals and companies interested in our products.
The personal information collected includes your name, email address, business address, job title, company name, and telephone number.
Our privacy pledge to our visitors and clients: We will not collect any personal information from you that you do not volunteer, and we are the sole owner of all information collected on this site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any way that we have not mentioned in this statement.
3.0 How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Deliver the contracted services and allow full use of the application functionality as purchased by the clients.
- Deliver training and support to our application end users and/or carry out the transactions you have requested.
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats, video conferencing.
- Process payments for application subscriptions.
- Send communications to you about:
- New application features and upgrades.
- Our services and offerings.
- Event announcements.
- Product notices and changes to our terms and policies.
- Particular programs in which you have chosen to participate.
- Promotional offers and surveys.
- Scheduling demos and managing sandboxes.
- Advertise and market our products and services, including delivering interest-based advertisements on this website and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites.
- Carry out market research to understand how to improve our services and their delivery.
- Create and manage marketing campaigns.
- Generate sales leads and increase our market share.
- Analyze user clicks and usage of the application and website to improve user experience and maximize usage of our services.
- Manage our website and application to maintain and deliver the contracted functionality and services.
- Enforce our website and application terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
- Protect the security or integrity of the website, application, our business or services.
- Or otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law.
Please note that sometimes we may record the video conferencing call in which you participate to analyze and improve our staff’s communication skills or for customer training purposes. If we do so, we will be announcing it at the beginning of the conference call and in the meeting invite, so you are fully informed.
We do not sell your information to any third party.
4.0 How We Share Personal Information
Our Application and Services
If you are an end user of our application, your personal information may be viewed by other users with access to the application.
We use third parties to help us provide our services such as Zendesk (software that helps us utilize our support process) and Twilio (a text-based application that allows clients to send text message from the application), for example. They will have access to your information as collected by the website or the application, as reasonably necessary to perform the contracted tasks on our behalf. We sign contractual agreements to obligate them to protect the personal information, only use it to deliver the contracted services to us, prohibit them from selling it and not disclose it without our knowledge and permission.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, subpoena or other legal processes as identified in the applicable legislation. We attempt to notify our clients about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
Change in Control
5.0 How We Secure Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of all of the personal information we collect and use. We use a variety of physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We have implemented best-practice standards and controls in compliance with internationally recognized security frameworks. We use encryption technologies to protect data at rest and in transit.
We maintain a secure process to collect, transmit and store your personally identifiable information. Depending on the type of information you log into (private), we may use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect it.
If you are a client of ours, we urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your session and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This ensures that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet café.
6.0 Unsubscribing or Changing/Updating Your Information
Promotional e-mails: We may e-mail you messages that we think may be of interest to you about our products and services. You can choose not to receive additional types of messages in the future by either (1) following the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions located near the bottom of each e-mail.
If you have a question about your personal data or would like to correct, amend, or delete your information where it is inaccurate, or would like to alert us that your information has been processed in violation of the Principles, please contact 678-965-6849 and we can take care of your request as soon as possible.
For personal information we have about you, you can:
- Request a copy.
- You have the right to be notified of what personal information we collect about you and how we use it, disclose it and protect it.
- Change or correct your personal information.
- Delete or erase your personal information.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information. You may have the right to ask us to limit the way that we use your personal information.
- Export your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us at 678-965-6849. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local organizations in charge of enforcing the privacy legislation applicable in your territory.
Upon request, we can delete your inquiry-based information from our systems. Outside of a request, we typically keep inquiry-based information, such as information shared on a form when making a request for a software demonstration – for 3 years (if no communication has been received by GVT). For those inquiries that are subscribers to certain marketing lists, those accounts remain open until cancelled by the consumer or visitor. If you are a customer of Global Vision Technologies (you have purchased goods or services) and your account is closed, you stop using our services and cancel your contract – we have a “customer exit” process that we follow as it relates to private data shared in your FAMCare or ClinicalPURSUIT system.
7.0 Data Privacy Framework
To learn more about the Data Privacy Framework (DPF) program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, GVT commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact GVT at: Global Vision Technologies, Inc. | Attn: George Ritacco | 877-791-4367
Right to Make Changes to Your Data
If you have a question about your personal data or would like to correct, amend, or delete your information where it is inaccurate, or would like to alert us that your information has been processed in violation of the Principles, please contact us at 678-965-6849 and we can take care of your request as soon as possible.
How to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
You can choose to deny or (opt out) whether your personal information is (i) to be disclosed to a third party or (ii) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individuals. To request a change please contact us at 678-965-6849. For more information about data sharing, please view the section below: Sharing Your Personal Identifiable Information.
Methods of Oversight
Global Vision Technologies, inc., is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). If your request isn’t handled in a timely manner by our company (meaning you have reached out to us and we have not responded), you have the right to invoke binding arbitration.
Method and Recourse for Handling Complaints and Disputes
GVT has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to ICDR/AAA, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the [United States]. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html for more information or to file a complaint. The services of ICDR/AAA are provided at no cost to you. Please note: Global Vision Technologies may still be liable in cases of onward transfer to third parties.